Virginia League for Nursing
Call for Abstracts for 2023 VLN Conference
The Virginia League for Nursing (VLN) 2023’s Annual Meeting and Conference theme is Crossing the Bridge from Education to Practice. The Annual Meeting and Conference will be held at Brightpoint Community College and virtually on April 15, 2023.
The VLN invites abstracts describing curricular structure, pedagogical initiatives, and/or evaluation strategies that incorporate the conference theme. Some topics of interest include:
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
- Competency-Based Education
- Clinical Hours and Placement Strategies
- Clinical Judgment/Models/Assessing and Measuring Clinical Judgment
- Hybrid/Face to Face/Online Pedagogies
Submission Format: Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. The abstract should include background information, address methods, and best practice recommendations for those considering a similar approach.
- Title, name of presenter(s), and credentials (not included in word count)
- Best Practice Recommendations
- Not included in Word Count:
- Note if you would like to do a live or pre-recorded presentation
- Note if you would like a poster or podium presentation
- Note if you consider doing a poster presentation if not chosen for a podium presentation
All abstracts must be submitted on or before January 31, 2023 @11:59 pm to Andrea Reed: AReed01@brightpoint.edu
Each abstract will be blinded and peer-reviewed by a panel. Presenters will be notified about the status of their submission via email no later than February 12, 2023. Kindly direct questions to the Conference Committee Co-Chairs, Andrea Reed or Nina Beaman: Nina.Beaman@aspen.edu
We look forward to considering your abstract for presentation and seeing you at the conference!